ARE SEXUAL ASSAULT AND ABUSE REALLY HAPPENING?
YES, THEY ARE. CONSIDER THE FACTS.
- One in three women will be sexually assaulted in her lifetime.
- One in three girls and one in five boys will be sexually assaulted by age 18. Nearly 85% will be abused by someone known to them.
- It is estimated that only 20% of all sexual exploitation cases involving the handicapped are reported to any agency.
- Every minute 1.3 reported rapes occur in the United States.
- In 50% of the families where physical violence occurs, the children are also abused.
- On the average, rapists sexually assault 50 times before they are caught.